[infosec-course] Fwd: http://eprint.iacr.org/2005/151.pdf

Vladimir Ivanov ivlad at malpaso.ru
Sat Nov 6 16:21:34 UTC 2010

In this paper, we propose an attack method to find collisions of MD4
hash function. This attack is the improved version of the attack which
was invented by Xiaoyun Wang et al [1]. We were able to find
collisions with probability almost 1, and the average complexity to
find a collision is upper bounded by three times of MD4 hash
operations. This result is improved compared to the original result of
[1] where the probability were from 2-6 to 2-2, and the average
complexity to find a collision was upper bounded by 28 MD4 hash
operations. We also point out the lack of sufficient conditions and
imprecise modifications for the original attack in [1].

http://eprint.iacr.org/2005/151.pdf

--
Vladimir Ivanov