[infosec-course] Fwd: http://www.iacr.org/archive/fse2007/45930331/45930331.pdf

Vladimir Ivanov ivlad at malpaso.ru
Sat Nov 6 16:20:50 UTC 2010

This paper proposes several approaches to improve the col- lision
attack on MD4 proposed by Wang et al. First, we propose a new local
collision that is the best for the MD4 collision attack. Selection of
a good message difference is the most important step in achieving
effective collision attacks. This is the first paper to introduce an
improvement to the message difference approach of Wang et al., where
we propose a new local collision. Second, we propose a new algorithm
for constructing differential paths. While similar algorithms have
been proposed, they do not support the new local collision technique.
Finally, we complete a collision attack, and show that the complexity
is smaller than the previous best work.

http://www.iacr.org/archive/fse2007/45930331/45930331.pdf

--
Vladimir Ivanov